Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms


I'll admit, this isn't the ideal weight-loss food, but two stuffed mushrooms as your side isn't that bad either. I made these and served them to my husband and father-in-law. Came back a few minutes later for my share and they were looking at me hoping I'd say I didn't want any and they could finish it instead! 

This recipe is something I threw together based on other stuffed mushroom recipes I've read below and what I had in the kitchen. It is also done similarly in Spain with larger mushrooms. 

Stuffed Mushrooms
  1. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tbsp unsalted butter.
  2. Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks and 1 large garlic clove, sliced.
  3. Just as it begins to brown add 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs.
  4. Once toasted, remove from fire and put it into a bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese and 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley.
  5. Remove the stems from 6 large white mushrooms, wipe dry with a damp kitchen towel and stuff each mushroom with the breadcrumb mixture. 
  6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same nonstick skillet and add the stuffed mushrooms. Pan fry on high for 5 minutes and then turn the gas to low and cover for 5 minutes.
  7. The mushrooms should be well browned now. Turn over and press down to render color to the cheese-breadcrumb stuffing and turn over immediately. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment