I made this for lunch today and it turned out surprisingly delicious!
- Puree 1 medium yellow onion, 2 tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic and 1” ginger root.
- In a deep bottomed saute pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and fry 1 fresh red chili, minced, 8–10 curry leaves and 1 tsp cumin seeds, until the cumin seeds are fragrant, for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the puree and cook until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, cube 1 slab of 350g paneer, and marinate with salt, to taste and1 tsp turmeric.
- Add to the sauce once it thickens, along with 1 tsp coriander powder. Let it cook, mixing occasionally, for 8–10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup warm water and 4–5 tbsp dil, finely chopped. Let it cook for 10 more minutes and serve warm with chapati.