Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Semi-Homemade Spiced Pancakes


I grew up spoilt with pancakes. 
Warm, homemade pancakes. Every Sunday brunch.
And for some reason, when it comes to making pancakes I haven’t made it from scratch– to my mothers dismay.
Yesterday, for a gloomy rainy Sunday, we have chocolate chip pancakes. Given the winter weather and holiday season, spicing them seemed mandatory!
Follow the recipe of the pancake mix or make them from scratch and add a tsp of powdered cinnamon, freshly ground nutmeg and ground ginger. 
The chocolate I had at home was 70% dark ginger chocolate, which was also added to the pancake and then ginger maple syrup from Sid Wainers.
It hit the spot for me, which is why I just had to share this little tip with you.
So go ahead and spice your pancakes and waffles up– enjoy your breakfasts!










My favorite pancake mix is the Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake and Waffle Mix for classic buttermilk pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment