This is something I make with lamb chops usually and it is incredible. I’m not even a big fan of lamb but I make it just to make the gravy and soak that up. This is truly truly incredible and worth it. Plus, it’s quick, healthy and yum!
So make this with chicken, fish or a meat of your choice.
- Marinate two tenderized chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprikagenerously.
- In a large cast-iron pan heat 2–3 tbsp olive oil and grill the chicken on both sides. You know when the chicken is done when it simply comes off the pan and let’s you turn it over. Do not force it off the pan if it is still stuck to it. Cook it about 5 minutes on each side (or longer if you need to)– cut each breast in the center of the breast to make sure that it is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat another tbsp of olive oil and fry 4 sliced garlic cloves, 1 minced shallot, being careful not to burn. Deglaze the pan with vinegar and red wine (always use wine that you would drink to cook) and scrape up the browned bits. Once the alcohol has burnt off add 1 cup chicken broth and let it boil.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 cup warm water with 1 tbsp cornstarch until entirely dissolved. Add to the pan gravy and whisk with a whisk until the gravy has thickened.
- Add the grilled chicken breasts to the pan and let it simmer for 3–4 minutes.
Serve with grilled asparagus and a salt, lemon and extra-virgin olive oil dressing.
Writing this recipe getting me hungry all over again even though we just ate it! Do give it a try!