Photo Credit: Tasting Table
Apart from Bon Appetit, recipe books from the great chefs of our world, grandma’s recipes and Denise’s fabulous recipe finds… I love receiving the Tasting Tablerecipe newsletters. They send us recipes from restaurant chefs in the country and today we get none other than Dan Klugers recipe from ABC Kitchen. ABC Kitchen is Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s new sustainability-minded Manhattan restaurant, attached to ABC Home.
Great for the summer, make this soon, before the tomatoes aren’t in season anymore.
- In a large salad bowl, combine 2 1/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges with 2 cups mixed cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 10 leaves of basil, thinly sliced and 8 leaves of mint, thinly sliced.
- Add 6 ounces ciliegine (see note), drained.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp plus 1 1/2 tsps red wine vinegar. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt (such as fleur de sel or Maldon) over the salad and about12 thin slices of serrano chile.
Ciliegine are cherry-sized balls of fresh mozzarella. If you are unable to find them, substitute bocconcini or fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2-inch cubes.