This was our dinner last night– simple to prepare, healthy and light. (Ok, so I am taking credit for this and adding it to my blog, but the honest truth is that my husband made it!).
Use a herb you like if rosemary isn’t your favorite. Basil, oregano or parsley would work well.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C)
- Prep fish, Step 1: Slice three slits crosswise on whole Branzino (approximately 1.5 lbs) and one slit through the fish lengthwise to open it up like you would a hot dog bun. Clean and pat dry thoroughly.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl whisk together 1 tsp kosher salt, freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon and 4 tbsp olive oil. The dressing should get slightly frothy.
- Prep fish, Step 2: In the center slit of the fish layer thin lemon slices from 1 lemonand 2 sprigs of rosemary. Season with salt, to taste.
Drizzle the olive oil dressing over the entire fish and 1 tbsp sliced garlic.
- Bake: Bake the fish uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove the garlic and broil for 3–5 minutes.
This goes well with some sautéed spinach on the side and a steam potato.