My husband came home after a long game of golf on a very hot day and wanted a quick lunch. With some left over white rice in the fridge and eggs I figured nothing was better than a fried rice– quick, simple, not much chopping and filling. It also has a fair amount of protein in it to hold you.
This is great for those weeknight meals, when you’re tired and want to eat something quickly. Use brown rice for a healthier option or soba noodles if you prefer. Top it with crushed peanuts if you’d like to give it that extra crunch.
- In a large wok on high heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. With the wok hot, oil in, fry 1/2 onion sliced with 1-inch piece of ginger.
- Once slightly fried, about 3–4 minutes add 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauceand 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce.
- Mix well and add some sliced cooked ham.
- Add 2 beaten eggs, scramble it for a few seconds and then let it set for another minute.
- Add a handful of green peas or any other vegetable of your choice, mix well breaking up the omelet.
- Add 2 cups of cooked rice with 1 tbsp soy sauce and mix well to coat the rice with the soy sauce.
Serve nice and hot!