My husband and I wanted a light and Spanish dinner. So… we made some vegetarian tapas. We roasted asparagus and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. We also made Garlic Tomatoes, Pan-fried Leeks and Stuffed Mushrooms.
Wash and slice
- Preheat the oven to 425F/220C.
- Cut 8 deep red tomatoes lengthwise and arrange, cut-side up, in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish.
- Tuck 3–5 fresh thyme sprigs in between the tomatoes and 16 garlic cloves (unpeeled).
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 40–45 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and beginning to char around the edges.
- Remove and discard the thyme sprigs. Garnish with 3–4 fresh thyme sprigs.Serve hot. Squeeze the pulp from the garlic over the tomatoes at the table.