Monday, July 11, 2011

Sausage Sandwich with Spicy Mayo



This sandwich was a quick lunch for me today. I had no clue what I was going to eat, was hungry and wanted something quick and satisfying. The Spicy Mayo is inspired from the one I use in the Vietnamese subs. And for the bread I used the thin 100 calorie bread I had in the fridge. However, English muffins will go great with this too. 
And for the vegetarians, grill slices of tofu with a dash of soy sauce and black pepper on both sides, sprinkle with bean sprouts.
Makes 2
10 minutes
  1. 1.Thinly slice 2 chicken or pork pre-cooked sausages. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a non-stick skillet and cook until lightly browned. 
  2. 2.Lightly toast the bread of your choice.
  3. 3.Make the Spicy Mayo. Mix 1 tbsp low-fat mayo with 1 tsp Sriracha* and 1 spring onion, finely diced, including greens.
  4. 4.Spread the mayo on the sandwich. Layer with sausages, salad leaves, Pickled Radishes and fresh cilantro.
Enjoy!
This is great to do with left over grilled chicken, pork or beef.
*If you do not have Sriracha (which I highly recommend to have stocked in your refrigerator all the time) you can use any other Asian red chili that you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment