While I was making our vegetarian Spanish dinner, I thought of making olive and cheese wontons, a take on Spanish empanadas. I made 10 of these, but it was a quick thing to make, that I'm going to make these for a pot luck that I'm attending next week.
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted mixed olives
- 1/4 cup mozarella
- 1/4 cup queso manchego
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except for the wonton wrappers.
- On a clean and dry working surface lay out as many wonton wrappers as fit on your work surface. Cover the remaining ones with a damp towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Put a little bit of the olive and cheese mixture off-center of each wrapper. With damp fingers fold over the wonton wrapper and seal the ends shut with a dab of water.
- Transfer to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp (the photo above shows that I didn't watch them well enough and they are over cooked!)
Serve with a Spanish mojo if you some on hand.